Does anything say Fall more than walking down the street through the crunching leaves, with a pumpkin spiced latte? They are our favourite drink in the office and we have been making our own this autumn, so we thought we would share our perfect little recipe with you…so you can also enjoy your own perfect little PSL.
- 2 ounces Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- 8 ounces organic whole milk
- 1 to 2 shots espresso or 4 ounces cold-brewed coffee concentrate
Steam the milk and put half in your mug. Add the syrup and the espresso or coffee concentrate (heated). Stir and top with the rest of the steamed milk. Top with a pinch of pumpkin pie spice if you’d like.
They’re you go! A yummy Pumpkin Spiced Latte…mmm.
Tag us on insta with your photos of your PSL xo
Posted in autumnal clothing, Baking, cosy autumn, fall, Fashion, halloween, instagram tips, pumpkin spiced lattes, Uncategorized
Tagged coffee, fall, homemade, pumpkin spiced latte
March has been an exciting month, with our recent birthday celebrations and all the new summer stock arriving we thought we would fill you all in on whats been going on at Olive & Lile HQ!
We celebrated our birthday by hosting a super cute afternoon tea for our team. Lace doilies, green cupcakes & pink lemonade in mason jars galore!
Mmmm yummy! Big thank you to @CB_KITCHEN for baking our delicious Olive & Lile cupcakes.
Later in the week our model Gracie was playing dress up in all the new summer stock, selfying in the outfits she put together of our new arrivals.
Gracie’s favourite – our enlighten overlay, perfect to go over swimwear this summer.
How CUTE is this Tulle skirt and slogan tee combo!
Keep warm and snug on summery evenings when it gets a bit chilly in our distressed jumpers.
We love the criss cross detail of the back of our Aurora maxi – so elegant
We have more summer pieces coming soon, so watch out!
Lots of love, the Olive & Lile team.
Posted in Baking, Birthday, Cupcakes, Fashion, Lifestyle, Party, Spring/Summer
Tagged #CarrieBradshaw #Tulle #SexAndTheCity, afternoontea, Cupcakes, masonjar, OliveandLile, ootd, selfies, SS15, summerclothing, treats
Ahhh pancake day, one of those days that we still get excited about every year as we all know everyone will be venturing home after work to make pancakes filled with an array of different toppings.
Here we share with you our favourites and give you a little inspiration for making your very own.
This is a simple, everyday pancake recipe, great for sweet or savoury pancakes.
200g/7oz plain flour
350-400ml/12-14fl oz milk, or ½ milk ½ water for a lighter pancake
2 large eggs, lightly whisked
1 tbsp vegetable oil (you will also need vegetable oil for the frying pan)
Lets make some pancakes…
- Put the flour into a large bowl, make a well in the centre and pour in the milk and eggs. Give the liquid mixture a quick whisk before incorporating the flour. Continue to whisk until you have a smooth batter.
- Now add 1 tbsp vegetable oil and whisk thoroughly.
- Take a crêpe pan, or large frying pan, dip some kitchen roll in the oil and carefully wipe the inside of the pan. Heat the pan over a medium heat for a minute.
- Add just under a ladleful of batter to the pan and immediately start swirling it round the pan to get a nice even layer.
- Cook the pancake for approximately 30-40 seconds. Use a palette knife to lift the pancake carefully to look at the underside to check it is golden-brown before turning over. Do you dare to flip it? Cook the other side for approx 30-40 seconds and transfer to a serving plate.
Now it’s time to get creative:
Add a little food colouring to the mix – this helps to create amazing looking pancakes – play around with colours, you can use red, blue or green food colouring
Picture source: cookingclassy – They suggest red food colouring and raspberry’s and mint to finish.
Ice cream, cream and chocolate sauce – for all those with a super sweet tooth. Dare you layer your pancake stack?
For those of us that like a little healthier option, loading your pancakes with fruit is just as delicious. Strawberries, blueberries and banana are the perfect mix.
Why not share with us your perfect pancake toppings? Better still tag us in your pancake post on Instagram #oliveandlile – we would love to see what wonderful creations you guys come up with.
Have a great day
Olive & Lile Team xo